In early September, Oracle and Microsoft formed a groundbreaking partnership to bring Oracle Exadata infrastructure to Azure. This exciting development means that enterprises can now fully embrace Oracle in their “Migration and Modernization” journey. Customers can now take advantage of the powerful combination of Microsoft's platform and AI capabilities, which makes it possible for Oracle workloads to run on Azure.
This partnership facilitates the delivery of mission-critical Oracle Exadata and Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) services directly from within the Azure data center.
Tessell welcomes this announcement from Oracle and Microsoft and is proud to make two new announcements to enable elegant data management on Exadata@Azure.
- Tessell Airdrop: A brand new service in Tessell to facilitate the seamless migration of Oracle databases from Exadata on-premises to Exadata@Azure.
- Unified Control Plane: Tessell will extend its platform for managing Oracle on Azure IaaS to the new Exadata@Azure infrastructure.
While Exadata@Azure is one of the best things to happen for Oracle customers, the first thought that comes to their minds is how they will move their data from on-premise to the cloud. Tessell eliminates the need to re-architect your systems for cloud migration, allowing your Oracle workloads to lift and shine in the cloud, irrespective of where they are hosted.
With the introduction of the new Exadata infrastructure in Azure, we are delighted to announce a brand new consumer-grade service called Tessell Airdrop. This innovative service will offer seamless zero downtime migration of your on-premises Oracle Exadata workloads to Exadata@Azure.
Key Features of Airdrop
- Automated Assessment and Discovery: Tessell Airdrop will bring a comprehensive array of services that span from initial automated assessment, discovery, and planning, through to the final cutover and optimization. This will ensure a seamless transition without any disruption to your day-to-day operations.
- Zero Downtime: Designed to minimize downtime during migration, Tessell Airdrop will ensure that your business remains uninterrupted. Your data and applications will be operational in the Azure cloud swiftly and efficiently.
- Compatibility and Expertise: Crafted to work flawlessly with Oracle Exadata systems, Tessell Airdrop will guarantee full compatibility of your data and configurations with Azure.
- Security and Compliance: Acknowledging that data security and compliance are paramount, Airdrop will guarantee protection for your data throughout the migration process, ensuring compliance with industry regulations.
- Scalability and Innovation: Migrating to Exadata@Azure avails you of Azure’s extensive range of services. These encompass advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning tools, equipping your business with the necessary tools to innovate and maintain a competitive edge.
Unified Control Plane
As you move your Oracle workloads to Exadata on Azure, you need to manage your databases efficiently and elegantly across all environments, including production, UAT, QA, and development. Tessell is the only fully managed database service for Oracle on Azure. Today, this rich platform is available on Azure IaaS, including high-performance compute such as Lsv3 VMs that can provide up to 2 million IOPS. As Microsoft brings Exadata, the most sophisticated infrastructure for Oracle, to Azure, Tessell will be extending its platform to enable all its data services for Exadata@Azure as well. This will provide the customers with a Unified Control Plane to manage and transfer data between Exadata and Azure’s native IaaS.
Tessell’s Oracle PaaS on Azure is a widely embraced, comprehensive platform for managing Oracle database environments with unmatched ease and efficiency. With Tessell, you have a single pane of glass view of your Oracle database environment, simplifying administration, monitoring, and optimization tasks. Tessell’s fully managed database service takes care of all the lifecycle management tasks, including provisioning, patching, snapshots/backups, HA/DR, monitoring, cloning, and restoring. In addition to undifferentiated heavy lifting, Tessell provides a suite of highly differentiated data management services, such as Availability Machine and Dataflix. These services allow customers to perform data masking, export/import data, achieve backup compliance, define data governance, and browse the data catalog in a consumer-grade manner.
Join the Exadata@Azure Journey
Tessell serves as your gateway to harnessing the full potential of Exadata on Azure. Bid farewell to the complexities associated with migrating and managing your Oracle Exadata workloads, and welcome the future with a seamless, secure, and cost-effective solution.
Contact us today to explore more about Tessell’s Airdrop and Unified Control Plane for Exadata@Azure.